behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Seven Days of Tea (a themed week of 365!)

Seven days of Tea. Project: Complete! It was actually a touch more challenging than I first assumed it would be... hard to stick with a theme for an entire week! Also difficult to take a pause before drinking my freshly brewed tea to have to take a photo. hehe. However, it is complete, and while I'm not overly elated with the results, I do like the photos well enough.

With each photo I will share with you the type of tea and you can be jelly over how delicious it sounds.

Let me know how you enjoy these themed weeks of 365! There may be more in the future.

Do you like hot tea? Cold tea? Sweetened tea? Any tea? No tea? Any tea you would recommend? I'm always on the lookout for new teas to try!

Please enjoy!


Wednesday: photo hundred twenty-one: 
One of the most warming places to enjoy tea: Starbucks! While I don't feel their tea to be the best, it's still so much fun to be at a coffee shop with a good book and various people to people watch that it makes average tea seem so perfect. 



Starbucks' Tazo Vanilla Roibas would have to be my favorite. I sprinkle in a bit of extra vanilla, some Stevia (as I do in every cup of tea I drink) and savor.  





 Thursday: photo one hundred-twenty-two: 
This is my favorite tea cup. The only con? It's size (I like those huge, bigger-than-your-hand types of mugs). However it's just so nicely shabby-chic I drink out of it for that reason alone. One wants to feel poetic when they're drinking hot tea, no? This is the perfect tea cup for that. 



This tea is a chocolate hazelnut tea. Yes, chocolate and tea. It's nearly perfect. 
It's brand? Stash. And you should go out (right now) and buy some (sold at most grocery stores). nom nom. 


It's best with a bit of cream and sweetener. Oh, and your favorite pair of house shoes. 


Friday: photo one-hundred-twenty-three: 
This mug is so fun. I bought it during a visit to CO. last autumn while touring the Celestial Seasonings' factory. Each time I use it it brings back special memories of my trip there. 


The tea of choice? Celestial Seasonings' Candy Cane Lane tea. 


This tea is almost perfection. It's warm, savory... full of peppermint and vanilla flavor. The sad part? The stores only sale it during the winter holidays. During that time, however, I stock up to ensure there is minimal shortage during the rest of the year, ha. 



 Saturday: photo one-hundred twenty-four: 
Tazo's Blueberry Willow. A very light, yet endearing tea... Good for a chilly spring day. 



Sunday: photo one-hundred-twenty-five: 
Mate'. It's my favorite kind of tea. And friends, that is saying a lot. Because i like a lot of teas. 

Let me share with you why... it has a distinct, earthy yet warm flavor. Like no other tea I've tried. It also reminds me of a fantastic trip I took up to Manitou CO. last autumn as that was where i tried my first mug of this warming drink. So to me it tastes like happy memories.
Another reason to love mate'? It's known to be energizing and healthful! So drink up.  



Mate' is one of those teas (like chai) that needs a little something... without, it's a bit lackluster, however, with, it's infinitely above average. So when you try this tea, get yourself a good creamer, and a sweetener of your choice. Then enjoy. 



Monday: photo one-hundred-twenty-six: 
Cowboy mug! Yippeeee. While this mug isn't overly poetic (or poetic, period) it is huge. Which automatically gives it around 10 cool points in my book. It's my biggest mug... using it is like drinking the bottomless cup o' tea. And what could be better than that? 


The kind of tea? Peppermint. And like my grandma would say... it's an oldie but a goodie! 

Wednesday: photo one-hundred-twenty-seven: 
An afternoon snack of... tea and cookies! Homemade cookies... homemade fig newtons! Paired with Celestial Seasonings' blueberry tea (served hot w/ stevia). So very warming and happy. 


These fig newtons are gluten, grain, and sugar free. Oh, and delicious too. And I may be posting the recipe soon... and trust me, you'll want it! 

The blueberry tea is a perfect accompamient.. Sweet with a vaguely tart under flavor. 



That's a wrap, friends! I hope you enjoyed this week's Seven Days of Tea! Next week things will be back to normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers