behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

lenses! shooting style! week seventeen of the 365

I am a lazy minimalistic photographer. i prefer to shoot with as little equipment as possible and still get fantastic results (albeit not always possible). lugging around a truckload of equipment keeps one from as effectively capturing the candid and the real and the creative.

95% of the time i'm shooting with one lens - my 50mm f/1.8 lens. there's not much to not love about that lens. i also have a 28-135mm f/3.5 and a 70-200 f/4.0. both lenses are nice, but my lil 50mm generally does the job (however i could do better with experimenting a touch more).
reasons to love the 50mm?
it's small. i like that - lots. it keeps me free to move about and capture what i need (it also isn't so easy to accidentally bang your camera around while shooting... this equates to one less thing to worry about).
it goes down to a very low aperture which does come in handy at times.
anddd, it takes good quality images. :) kind of important too! ha.

What is your favorite lens to shoot with? is your style of equipment minimalistic, or more diverse?  everyone has what works best for them!

also, i am excited about this coming week of my 365... i have decided to go with a theme! seven days of tea. this means that each day of week eighteen a different cup of tea will be featured. i will share my favorite types of hot teas and favorite mugs. :) I think it will be a fun change of pace, and perhaps you will learn about some flavorful teas you hadn't known about.

and now to introduce week seventeen's 365 photos! please enjoy!

Wednesday: photo one-hundred-fourteen: exploring country roads. all melancholy clouds and soft wind... good for deep, contemplative thoughts. 

this photo piques my imagination... the way the arrow on the sign is pointing opposite ways... i can think of several interpretations you could take that for - especially with the opposing scenery on either side. 




Thursday: photo one-hundred-fifteen:  soft drizzle-drizzles and light putter-putters... a rainy afternoon with my beatrix-potter-esque kitty. 




Friday: photo one-hundred-sixteen: chickens. they're growing on me - something i least expected. i was not one in favor of buying chickens in my family. i'd heard they were gross, nasty, and dumb little creatures. but to my surprise they're none of those things (well, at least not to an extreme extent, tehe). they're very amusing (they always get into little squabbles with each other... sometimes as silly as fighting over a little wood shaving in another's mouth. it reminds me of humans). and while changing their cage out still isn't exactly a desirable activity... it's not the end of the earth. 



Saturday: photo one-hundred-seventeen: lemons. they're my newest favorite. why? because... these tangy yellows make perfectly fabulous... perfectly refreshing... perfectly energizing... LEMONADE!! and after a hot texas day, this is very, very welcome. i make mine sweetened with a bit of stevia... and it is one amazing, zero-cal, makes-my-body-and-soul-happy-kinda-drink. 


Sunday: photo one-hundred-eighteen: black and white... in color. 

it's the edge of my desk with a low depth of field. not sure exactly what inspired this, but i like the result. 


Monday: photo one-hundred-nineteen: books, and intricate light. two of my favorite things. 

Tuesday: photo one-hundred-twenty: driving down long roads... basking in the beauty of all the fresh  greenery that has blossomed with spring's arrival. hello, wildflowers. hi, green grass. 




keep an eye out for next week's seven-days-of-tea!
-Rebecca






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers