behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

week three of the three-sixty-five. road tripping, cats, and shoes.

things to be happy for this past week... friends, coffee shops, everyday life, and... road tripping! on friday, i, my (three) sisters and a couple close friends went on a weekend road trip up to dallas, tx. we ate, we laughed, we felt the wind blow our hair, we didn't sleep (not enough), we had fun, girly convos, and just enjoyed the time away from the daily grind. it was good. oh yes... and we went to a wedding (just a minor detail - the whole reason we went on the trip). i took pictures - lots of pictures. mostly at the wedding. i took instagram pictures, like a normal soul does (bad karma for a photographer, yes, but it always feels so warming to take an underexposed, grainy, awful photo and just be like, YES, this is OKAY because it's INSTAGRAM!!! IT'S beautiful!!!).  i do however have some decent dslr photos of the wedding to share (one will be shown on photo of the day; saturday). i may also try to put up an additional blog post this week with more. let me know if you'd like to see more! 


and now, week three of the threesixtyfive...  


Tuesday: photo fifteen: when it's cold outside, having to go out can be a pain (as much as i love the cold i will admit that much). wearing thick & warm, fuzzy socks with my sperrys is one of my favorite ways to stay warm. with this method, you feel just like you're wearing a pair of the most comfy house shoes. and yes, you heard that right.




Wednesday: photo sixteen: glass bottles. 



Thursday: photo seventeen: an afternoon spent at the coffee shop. starbucks. we all know this is perfection. the perfect way to spend a cold afternoon. the perfect way to edit photos. the perfect place to people watch. the perfect way to just sit and think and feel all warm and cozy and savor a huge cup full 'o tea/coffee. oh yes, and dried mangos. don't forget the dried mangos. i love dried mangos, and i love even more that starbucks sells them in little packages up at the front now. they are so.good. and if you don't get anything else from this post... get that you must try the dried mangos at starbucks. 




 Friday: photo eighteen: friday morning was spent getting bags packed up for road tripping. on my way out to the car, miss marilla (named after marilla from anne of avonlea) stopped by, rubbing her fuzzy little ears against my legs, wanting attention. i was happy to have my camera on me, because she's just so cute.


Satuday: photo nineteen: hairbrushes, curling irons, lipsticks, powder, frilly dresses, & pretty shoes... today is the day we went to the wedding. of course weddings are always a fun time to experiment and see if you can get any halfway decent shots (and it's always impressive if you do, because either uncle bob's head is smack in the way, or you're simply in the wrong place at the wrong time). I did manage to get a few good shots here and there. and this is one. 



{the adorable (they were so adorable) couple during their first dance. it's pretty obvious how perfect they are for each other!}

Sunday: photo twenty: earrings. these represent a long day. i was tired. i was glad to be home from the bustling weekend trip, happy to be close to crawling under my own covers. i took off my earrings, which were now throbbing on my earlobes, remembering i needed to take my "photo of the day". instead of putting the earrings in my jewelry box i shuffled around for my camera, placing my earrings on my bedspread. tada, photo of the day (i know that's not putting my heart into it, i'm sorry, but it really was one of those days).


Tuesday: photo twenty-one: i love my kitten, Mo. i love shadows, i love mornings that are fresh and alive with morning light streaming through nearby windows. i love silhouettes. and i really like this photo (is that okay to really like my own photo?). 



closing thoughts - this week was hard for me. hard for me to keep up with photo taking, hard for me to get this post up today (i feel like it's a bit scattered and unfocused - and i apologize for that). however, i did it, and that's good, right?!  next week i hope to insure that i keep up with things a little better so i can offer a better post/photos. :) 

until next time,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers