behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

week twenty: summertime desserts, summer light, and new books...

Grateful to have completed another week of my 365 project... week twenty. And I just realized I enjoy the way the number twenty looks and sounds. And that's a good thing, I think, because I will be twenty years old this year (and that fact scares me a pinch). 



Tuesday: photo one-hundred-thirty-four: summertime has some of the best desserts. okay, not really because fall has some of the most warming desserts. but i do particularly love the lightness of summer's desserts. so i was thrilled to receive in my mail box martha stewart's latest magazine (love her magazine-and who doesn't, the woman is genius) filled with summer's fruitiest, easiest, most refreshing summer treats. this one in particular caught my eye - pureed mango (and if you've been reading my blog long you know how i feel about mango...YUM) with a bit of lime and chilled. it kinda-sorta looks amazing. definitely going to try this one soon (and you should too)! 



Wednesday: photo one-hundred-thirty-five: it's this time of day that i love the most. it's when the air is calm and the breeze is cool and all is winding up after a long day. 








Thursday: photo one-hundred-thirty-five: life. 


Friday: photo one-hundred-thirty-seven: torn happily open at all angles... a new book. it took ages in the coming, however it finally arrived. "black as night" by regina doman. i've read more than several of her other books from this series: "fairy tale retold". these books are so very good - modern, realistic retellings of grimm's fairy tales. the stories are warm, inviting, wholesome, suspenseful, and always end with a good message. 



Saturday: photo one-hundred-thirty-eight: new SD card! and all i can be grateful for is that my last one broke at a time when i hadn't just done an important photo shoot... or shot a wedding... or something huge like that. nope, just broke with everyday photos on it - grateful! 


Sunday: photo one-hundred-thirty-nine: a new morning: not full of sunshine and rays of light. cloudy, dark, thought provoking, and... vaguely depressing, but in a deep way that i vaguely of enjoy. 



Saturday: photo one-hundred-forty: chirp chirp. a new batch of chicken's have arrived at my house. they're precious. rhode island reds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers