behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

difference between try and triumph is a little umph! 365: week eleven

i have a confession. i didn't really put my heart into this this past week's 365. bad me. not that these photos are terrible per say, but at best they're a bit scattered and not altogether what i want. i think it shows, a lot, when you don't really put your heart into something. especially art. i think i've began to sink back into my self-critizing mode (the one that's overboard with critique). i think it's easy to get discouraged when you don't feel like your efforts are reaping any benefits... when you feel like no one is even looking at your work. but that's when you have to put that little bit of extra umph and grow yourself a bit! i was just reminding myself of a wonderful quote i'd seen a while back on pinterest... "the difference between try and triumph is a little UMPH". i think it's so true and such a wonderful reminder!


so all that to say - next week i plan to put my heart into it more... to put that bit of an extra umph into my work and to just keepin' pushin' forward - even when i don't feel like i'm getting anywhere! 


Wednesday: photo sixty-nine: shadows of my window, in my room. 




Thursday: photo seventy: in my room. at my desk. using my favorite type of water glass (a clear glass jar), my laptop humming, and music playing (matt kearney is pretty fantastic)... and afternoon's light and shadows meeting together painting murals across my possessions.    




Friday: photo seventy-one: lately i've taken to spending a lot of time outside when i can. i've discovered i love opening the back door of my house and sitting in the door frame where the sun and fresh air are more than plenty, and the soft breezes soothe my pounding thoughts, and where bare feet are more than acceptable.  



Thursday: photo seventy-two: riding in the car. the first of spring (*ahem*morelikesummercauseit'sintheupper80s) calls for the first use of air conditioning in the car - at least the first time in a long time. hi summer; hi bike riding, funny tan lines, and long days... it's good to see you again.  


Saturday: photo seventy-three: the sun is bright... and temps are high(er)... yes, it's the first time being able to pull out my summer shoes since early fall of last year! 


Sunday: photo seventy-four: hey hey it's st. patty's day! me and st. patty's day are best friends. i love st. patty's day. i mean it's kind of like having a whole holiday dedicated to being festive just for the sake of being festive (okay, at least that's how i see it in my eyes.). i always say you can immediately spot all the "fun" people from the "boring" people on st. patty's day simply by judging who is wearing green. ;)  


Monday: photo seventy-five: windows. 





Tuesday: photo seventy-six: dimension. i love the dimension in the walls in my room. that's the first thing i see in the morning when i open my sleepy eyes. the stark walls folded against each other - the light, dark, light. i like it. 


that's it...
-rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers