behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{three.six.five.}/week:one

 today i post my first blog post from the three-sixty-five photo project! I am hopeful that this new project will improve my skills in a number of ways. i need to be more at ease with the camera. i want to stop feeling a disappointment when I look at my photos, seeing every flaw, wishing that i were .so. much better. i want to improve on taking photos that aren't my specialty. that's big. it's easy to make pretty things look pretty in a frame, but what about the everyday, the mundane, the things that color your everyday world... how do you  capture those in a fascinating light? the one's with the less than ideal lighting surrounding them? how do you make that look good? this is what i set out to learn. so come with me as i embark on this new journey (one of many i hope to start, this year!//stay tuned) and maybe you can learn a thing or two with me. :0) 



Tuesday: photo one: New Years day (if you notice, there is a clock in the background). Happy new year! i love new year's day... it breathes of second chances and fresh starts. it allows you a clean slate. it's not just a new day with no mistakes in it yet, but it it's a whole new year with zero mistakes in it!


Wednesday: photo two: my babies, howdy and mo - siblings - love to play by the tree {or any place they can get their paws on}. this was caught only in-between moments of mischief.



Thursday: photo three : lines.

Friday: photo four : a peek into my closet... that brown purse hanging there... that's my new go-to-bag/purse from forever21 (honestly i don't really do purses. bags are the thing!). my old bag i'd loved to shreds...  so much so that the faux green leather was peeling from the straps. it was a very loved bag (and just something my mom had bought on a whim for me from target one year for christmas!).


Saturday: photo five : you know how some years you're happy to take the christmas decor down (yay, automatic de-cluttering! yay less stuff!), and other years it's a real bummer (everything feels all naked and cold afterward). this year was a everything-feels-all-naked-and-cold year. this christmas season i was really into christmas... like, wearing red and green attire every day of december kind of into it (or yelling at a random santa-clause-hat wearing soul that "omgosh-it'sSANTA!!!" kind of into it). it was just a really good christmas season (a nice change from the last two years) and i was regretful to take the decor down... however before i did i honored the last of the decor in my bedroom one last time by taking a photo of my happy & super festive little cd player.


Sunday: photo six : i love reading. most of all of love fiction suspense/thrillers/mysteries. the ones that keep you on the edge of your seat, but still end in a happy manner. right now i am working through Ted Dekker's, The Circle series. The books are quite good (not oh-my-good-they're-SOGOOD-kind of good, but definitely good). I am working through the second one... RED. 


Monday: photo seven : yesterday i sat down to pen and paper and tea (and to my pretty legit little ipod, miss daisy) to take inventory of what i want to accomplish this year... yes, that's what NY resolutions are for, but this was breaking it down into little pieces... like what do i need to be doing this month to take a step toward the bigger goal? what do i need to be doing today? 


that's a wrap. -Rebecca 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers