behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What got me into photography and a Christmas slideshow...

When I was about 13 I joined some online message boards with adult/teenage (American Girl) doll collectors. They all took neat photos of their dolls, which in turn made me want to as well. I started shooting with an old camera that I don't even remember the model or brand of. Not long after that my family bought a Canon point and shoot, SD600. This camera became my best friend. :0) I took tons of pictures and made a few stop-motions (which I will post one of these days). I quickly found I loved taking photos!!

I used the point and shoot for quiet a while. It was only February before last that I bought my first DSLR, Gidget. :) <3>

For a couple of years there, at Christmas time, I would fill my room with multiple doll sized Christmas scenes.
Although I don't do that anymore, or even take photos of my dolls anymore, I love, love, love all the special memories I made when I did. And I love the fact that my dolls are what got me into photography. :0)

So, without further ado, here's the Christmas slide show I did back in 08 when I still had my point-and-shoot and my bedroom was more or less a Christmas doll village. :) Much of the miniatures and decor were things I had made myself.



Make sure your sound is on (and you can push "pause" on my blog's music if you just scroll down to the bottom of this page)!! The music adds a lot to the video... (gosh I love this song!)





Some of the dolls featured near the end were "Pullip" dolls -link-. They're Japanese made dolls and very cool and adorable. :0)



I really hope you enjoyed both my little story and my slide show!! Hope I didn't chatter on too long. I never know if people would prefer me to get right to the point, or if you guys enjoy reading stuff like this? Lemme know.


-RebeccAnne

2 comments:

  1. that's cool that you're homescholed too! :) I'm glad to hear you enjoy it! I've been listening to so many negative comments about it, and made me feel a little scared, but good to know it's not always true, right?! :) Nice to hear how you got into photography, and I loved the video, such cute dolls!!! :) also loved the pictures from your dance recital, I LOVE ballet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool! I would have never guessed from the pictures that everything was miniature. You're amazing! I would have never thought about doing stuff like this-it must have taken awhile to get everything set up. Micro pictures are such fun though.

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers