behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Photoshoot Pictures-Set Two (finally!)

~*~*~


------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

I've taken so long to get these up...! But, finally, here they are. :) Yay.

Hope you guys like them! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------




--------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked them! These were a lot of fun to take. I had always thought it would be so fun to do a photoshoot with red balloons...so, yay, there they are. :-)
-RebeccAnne
P.S. I got a Twitter! Check it out on the side to your right...>

13 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca I really like these pictures, they are VERY cool, but do you mind if I give some helpful criticism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both!

    @Zac... most definitely, go right ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, these are BEAUTIFUL! I love your photoshoots!! Praise God for giving you such a talent and vision! You have such pretty models to compliment your work, too. :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like Enya in that one music video with all the balloons. Very nice. =D

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca now please don't take this personally, because that is the LAST thing I want. :)

    I think in a few of these the subject is kind of lost, for instance in a few of them I am not quite sure what the subject is. Is it Leah or is it the balloons? Now there is nothing really wrong with that but when you do a series like this you have to take into consideration the order/way they are viewed.

    Placement in the frame can really help with defining the subject. The "Rule of Thirds" plays a big role in this, it really helps to place the important things on a third, such as the eyes of a person if it is a close portraiture shot.

    Yea so that mainly it I guess. I hope I explained myself ok, if I didn't you can e-mail me at numbernerdy[at]gmail[dot]com. It's VERY hard to put stuff like this in text.

    And PLEASE don't take any of it personal. I just want to help ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fellow photographerMarch 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM

    I just want to add something to what Zac said above... Yeah, sometimes a definite subject is needed - but not all the time. I think you did an amazing job with these photos (I'm so envious :P), and you definitely got the dreamy/fairytale thing down pat. :) I understand where Zac is coming from (I've been subject to many lectures about the rule of thirds), but I don't agree. Photography is not about rules, it's about art. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, rules can be broken, but they sure help sometimes. And once one has mastered the rules, you can step outside them and create better art spontaneously. It's like practicing scales every day so you can play that sonata even more beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for the sweet comments! :)

    @Zac: Thanks for the criticism Zac. I know how hard it is to give criticism over the Internet! :-) I got what you're saying. You're right, I probably do need to work on that...And will keep that in mind in the future!
    @fellow photographer: Thanks so much! That's really sweet and encouraging. :) I appreciate it. I thank both of you for your words...they're all helpful in their own way. :) I think I can take something away from both of them. :-)

    And @ "another fellow photographer", that's a good point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leah makes a gorgeous model, and Rebecca your photography is stunning! :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers