behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week Twenty-Five

Week 25. 

Once again I've really struggled to grasp any sort of inspiration or growth this past week. I feel a bit stunted and like I've reverted a bit. bleh. Just being honest here. So I'm just trying to push through this. I'm going through that phase of feeling like I've taken pictures of everything in my everyday world that is remotely interesting. Or maybe I've just taken pictures of everything in my little world that is within my comfort zone. Perhaps I need to experiment more and work outside my happy little box. Ultimately however the plan right now is just to keep pushing... I think if one keeps pushing they will eventually have to make some sort of break through. :) In the mean time, however, please enjoy my photos even though I feel they are not my best... :) (that's okay, right?) 

Wednesday: photo 171: 
the dog days of summer have officially arrived. the texas heat has already blasted two records. and boy did it feel like it. hothothot like someone had a hose of humidity spraying into the air. like you really do need that knife to cut through the heavy heat. 


Thursday: photo 172: 
silhouwete of airplane passing through evening sky. 


Friday: photo 173: 
new favorite workout cd (because good music makes any workout five times better and five times happier)...


toby mac's "tonight". it's a little rowdy for background music... but perfect for working out. my favorite track? "tonight".  


my current all time favorite workout cd however is mat kearney's "bullet". i love all his work, but that cd is the best for working out. get's me in my groove every time. 

Saturday: photo 174:
coffee and morning light. the two just go together in sweet perfection. 


Saturday: photo 175: 
every summer there is a local outdoor theater that plays some sort-of-something every weekend... you get to sit on this ginormous hill, feel your toes in the cool grass... and be surrounded by huge nighttime sky and just enough big buildings for you to get that neat city-esque feeling. i went there for the first time this summer. they had the symphony playing. so much pretty. 


Sunday: photo 176:
scriptures in my room. scribbled this one out on a torn journal page. "For he satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness." how often does your soul feel dry, empty, and longing? too often. or at least mine does. it's such a good reminder for me that when i feel this way, i can go to Christ and be filled. 


Monday: photo 177:

rose bushes in my front yard are in full bloom. so much beauty. 


of course they smell good. coffee thinks so too. 



the end.
-rebecca 

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling when inspiration seems so far away and it feels like your scraping every little bit you can grab onto. I have felt like that in my writing lately. But, I really enjoy the simplicity of this post of pictures. I like the dog lying next to the food bowl in black and white. The lazy days of summer. And I love the softness of the pink rose. The morning light on your coffee maker is ordinary and, yet, very magical in that it shows the way you start your day. Love the sun's rays illuminating a simple object.
    By the way, thank YOU for your great comments on my blog. :) I am glad you enjoy my recent post. I enjoy your blog and posts very much as well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers