behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

week twenty four - ducks and stuff. but mostly ducks.

I have news! To say it shortly, my older sister rescued a teeny baby duck. My family has a large pond for her to eventually grow into, so it all works out... rather ducky. While she's still a miniture however (could she just stay like this? please?), I'm having a veryvery enjoyable time with her.  She's surprised and impressed me with how much personality she has. She's extremely personable, clever, and has even learned how to beg (better than a dog. you won't believe 'til you see it...). This week I consistently found myself taking pictures of her because she's just so darn precious and has been a large piece of my life lately! So this week has ended with a theme...  deemed "The Seven Days of Birds".  While I'm not especially fond of this week's photos as a whole, I guess that's just how it ends some weeks. 


Wednesday: photo one-hundred-sixty-three: first portrait of this little lady, Daisy (after Donald Duck's girlfriend). 


she makes my heart melt! each time she doesn't have a human within her range of view, she panics and runs in frantic little circles trying to find you. it's precious. 


Thursday: photo one-hundred-sixty-four: our chickens (getting so big!) in their newly fenced area. 


Friday: photo one-hundred-sixty-five: with the summer comes the want to be among the wet and cool. our background pool has been getting a fair amount of use lately. it's so nice. when i'm feeling brave i'll bring a paperback book along and carefully read while sitting on a float (yes i like to live life on the edge *winkwink*). i'm currently paging through fitzgerald's "this side of paradise" (his first piece of work). i'm about a third through, and, so far, i'm unimpressed. it's good - good writing quality (however comparing it to the great gatsby... well, it doesn't really compare), however i find the plot lackluster and shallow, the main character leaves much to be desired, and... also, too much language. all-in-all, not sure if it's worth my time to finish. 


Saturday: photo one-hundred-sixty-six: who get's to swim with a baby duck in their pool? i feel so exotic (ha) swimming with this little lady paddling in the water. 


if you decide to swim around she has to be swimming within a couple feet proximity (or even better yet she'll hop upon your back for the ride).


Sunday: photo one-hundred-sixty-seven: this is sweetie (yes... this is her name despite him being a rooster... when he was little we always knew he was a little girl bird, but... well, never mind as "she" grew up... the name stuck however). 



Monday: photo one-hundred-sixty-eight: flowers and silhouettes.


Tuesday: photo one-hundred-sixty-nine: how i edit photos: a duck on one side, and a mug of tea on the other. this is the way to get it done. yes, feeling like a modern beatrix potter...


Wednesday: photo one-hundred-seventy: her "pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease give me just a lil piece of your apple" face. because apples are her favorite and she reminds me of this every time she sees me eating one.




-rebecca 

1 comment:

  1. haha It looks like you are having so much fun! Nothing like a cute little friend to inspire you while you work! :) Btw, I like the way you framed the shot of your flip flops and book. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete

Followers