behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week SIX : The 365


This past weekend i went up on (another) weekend road trip up to dallas tx. to see friends. on the way home night before last, sitting in the car with nothing to do but be thoughtful... i remembered, a couple hours too late: i never double checked to insure i had my camera bag in the car. with my camera and three of my camera lenses in it. my mind immediately started calculating how insanely expensive it would be to mail all of this equipment to my home (for someone who is as poor as i, it would be insanely expensive)... and, the sad fact that it would completely throw off my 365 project (yes, that would be horrific.). throughout the rest of the trip we never stopped so i never got out to check to see if it was there (frankly, i really didn't want to know - i just knew my irresponsible side had left it there!!). so i just prayed like crazy(crazy). upon first setting foot on home ground, i ran to the trunk  to check on this possible crisis. low and behold, thank God, there was the strap to my camera bag peaking out from beneath multiple bags (we're pretty organized). yes, glorious moment of redemption... the heavy cloud of panic went poof. happy moment. ha. so, yes, thanks be, i do have another week of the 365 to share with you guys. :) 

over-all i'm keeping the captions short and sweet today... I've been struck with a nasty ol' cold and my brain isn't all there, so I think i will do both myself and my readers a service to keep it simple. ;) :) 

Tuesday: photo thirty-eight: ESO lip balm. it is the balm (hahaha, get it? the balm, like, the bomb? gotta love corny puns!)! I really do enjoy this stuff... and if you haven't tried it, you need to!! reason to love eos lip balm (aside from the obvious fact that it is the balm): it's the coolest shape of chapstick out there (it's shaped like an egg)! call me a sucker for marketing, but i appreciate it! b: it comes in a lovely array of colors. c. it works reallyreally well and has natural, wholesome ingredients.  


Wednesday: photo thirty-nine: as y'all know, i think shadows are the coolest. i hope i never stop appreciating them, because they are just so amazing! thursday morning i woke up, and, as i often do... i admired all the intricate shadows painted across my walls. i had my camera handy, and went to work experimenting a bit. i like the results, and have decided to post more than one photo for today. 





Thursday: photo forty: light streaming through my window, cat sleepy on my bed, sheets tousled and thrown. yes, it is a beautiful new day. 



Friday: photo forty-two: have you ever baked eggs in an oven? no? well, i have... eggs baked in a muffin pan in the oven, at that. this was my first try doing it (thanks pinterest for the idea). it was... interesting. not sure i would do it again (the texture of the eggs came out a little strange), but it is a good way to make a healthy snack to-go for a trip (my intentions). 


Saturday: photo forty-three: packed and ready for roadtrippin' it up to Dallas TX. 


Sunday: photo forty-five: and... back again. on the road home.




Monday: photo forty-six: yuck, Sunday night, I felt it coming... like a dark cloud on a sunny day... the dreaded cold. yes, sure enough, here it is, and here i am, feeling yucky, unlucky, and sick (yes, not only do i like corny puns but i like corny rhymes too). i still feel yucky, unlucky and sick. actually sicker. and this isn't the first time i've come down with something this winter (and oh the irony: i do all the right things health wise. so why me??!!). 




that's it, guys. please be praying i will be able to shake this nasty cold, quickly! 
-Rebecca







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers