behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

living the everyday

Hello Friends,

Lately I've had a lack of inspiration. And a lack of computer. Which equals a lack of posts lately. My computer, Priscilla, just "broke" one day. All the sudden. I took it into Apple, only to be told they don't work on G4s, they consider them "vintage" (which amused me somehow). The guy working there did look at it though and told me he thought it was probably the motherboard and that it would probably be better to buy a new computer at that rate. I was sad. Very sad, and took my computer home, placed it at the back of my closet, and... the end. No money to fix it, nor to buy a new one. Well, yesterday my dad randomly said "lemme take a look at your laptop". He examined it. Didn't find anything. He asked for the cord. I assured him it wouldn't come on. It was completely dead. Well, he plugged it in, pushed the power button, and VOILA. What do you know? It came on. And I'm still wondering what in the world happened? So very strange. Albeit, I'm just extremely happy to have my precious "Priscilla" laptop back.

As for lack of inspiration, that's coming back too, I think. Sometimes you just have to make yourself shoot, even when you feel the most un-inspired of un-inspired. So the other day I pulled out my camera and snapped some of these totally random, everyday pieces of my life. I hope you enjoy them.

A comb and bobby pins that were laying on my bathroom counter. I found them interesting, just strewn around in their random order, so I took a photo.


photo





I love the simplicity of this photo. And the monkey, who's name is Timothy. He's a nightlight monkey that a dear friend of mine gave to me this past Christmas. I think he's adorable.
photo



Our two {of four} dogs, Muffie and Guissppi. Guissppi is the one running, Muffie is the one staring into space.

photo



Random, quirky photo... it's kind of goofy, but I like it. I love the light pouring in... And my owl shirt. :)


In closing... what do you guys do when you feel thirsty for inspiration? When everything starts to look the same? Sometimes I try to take photos that I believe others will like, and then I have to stop myself and remember I need to firstly take photos that I like. It doesn't matter what others think. And when I do that, they almost always come out better anyway.


Thanks for looking <3
-Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. So true, Rebecca! I love your owl shirt too. =) Glad you have your computer back.

    ReplyDelete

Followers