behind the lens:

behind the lens:
hi! i'm rebecca. i'm the face behind this blog and these photos. in short: i'm a christ follower, tea lover, book reader, and... photographer. in length: visit my "about me" page in the tab above. in other news: i am currently exploring the 365 project... so hop along with me and enjoy the ride.

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Very Alice Photoshoot-my take on Alice in Wonderland

.

"I could listen to a babbling brook, And hear a song that I could understand, I keep wishing it could be that way, Because my world would be a wonderland..."
.


.
Last week I finally, finally got around to doing an Alice in Wonderland photo shoot-something I've been wanting to do for a very long time. On the spur of the moment I went and dug through some old dress up clothes, found a good headband, got my tripod, and went on a venture in my oh-so-muddy backyard *ahem*. Yes, very muddy.
.
Doing self photoshoots isn't very easy (although are sometimes necessary)...especially when your backyard is very muddy and you must go sloshing through thick mud each and every time you click the 10 second self timer for a new picture. Here's how it goes. You first make sure your camera is at just the right angle (which isn't easy with a half broken tripod...) and is in good focus. You press the click-ey button and the race is on through the sloshing mud and to your destination upon which you must look serene (or whatever emotion you're trying to capture in that photo...) and candid (generally you don't). Then you do this about a million more times until you get one decent photo (and you're lucky to get one). Then you move on to your next scene. And do it all over again.
.
By the time I was done my feet were soaked in mud, I had blisters on the backs of my feet (so I got to limp around everytime I wore shoes for the next few days), and my fingers were numb (it was cooold). But anyway, yes, I will spare all my readers from any further ranting and move on. Here are the photos!!! First I just had to have my fair share of ranting though... :P

I wanted the photos to look kind of dreary, mysterious, and dreamy...not sure if I achieved this or not.
. But, without further ado (I promise) here they are!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
.

.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this one's my favourite...






~*~

That's it! I'd appreciate your thoughts on these photos-constructive criticism is welcome. :-)


Thanks for looking!
-RebeccAnne


P.S. my blog got a makeover-yay. Your thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. Love it! Both the blog and the new pictures! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Rebecca you amaze me. You take such dreamy pictures. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I look at some
    new picture you have
    taken im am amazed.

    I think your on the right
    path to doing Commercial
    Photography.

    Signed a Brother in the Lord

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I just realized that I need to email you.lol. ;) I do have a suggestion, though. Get a remote for your camera!!! I just got one and love it! I'm practicing with it...but my problem with ourdoor pictures when it's 45 F is that my nose turns redder than Rudolph's and I haven't yet figured out how to fix that..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I came across your blog and was immediately drawn to, not only your stunning photography, but your love for the Lord. It's so wonderful to meet a fellow artist and sister in Christ. :) You have an incredible gift! I am a fan of Alice in Wonderland and photoshoots so I am just wowed by your pictures!! Great work! Looking forward to seeing your future work and getting to know you a bit from your blog. God Bless you!

    In His grace,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all very much. :-) You guys are too nice. :D

    Leah-Yeah, I'll definitely have to look into those remote thingys...that'd be really handy. Haha about the red nose thing. :P

    Erika-Thanks for commenting! :-) I look forward to getting to know you better too. You have a very nice blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog & you do a beautiful job with your photography. God has definitely gifted you with amazing talent. I have seen some of your work on your Mom's blog & always loved and admired it. God bless you! Keep up the good work!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love your style for photography!I love photography as well, and It amazeies me how everyone has there own dif. style for photography, yours is def. soft, light, dreamy, and so pretty! you do a great job expressing yourself through your work. :)
    Cant wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Followers